Remembers item links so you can type them out later.
Release notes for Linkerator
I haven’t had the time to do everything with Linkerator that I’d like to, and it’s not fair to let it continue to sit in limbo. So, it’s officially on the discontinued list now; old versions are still available for download here.
Linkerator had already been “on life support” for some time, as it needs some major work to truly realize its functionality on recent versions of WoW. Sadly, I’ve not had time to put in even minor work on it lately, and don’t expect to for some time. And with the release of WoW Patch 3.3.5, it’s more seriously broken.
Sometime “soon” I’ll be releasing a version with slimmed-down functionality that works on the current WoW patch; and sometime further in the future I still plan to bring Linkerator back up to where I think it ought to be, but for now it at least temporarily joins the ranks of the discontinued addons. (See here to download the previous release.)
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 3.2.
- Fixes an error message which could appear when sending chat messages.
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 3.1.
- Linkerator now avoids performing CPU-intensive link searches on text sent to chat by macros or other addons if the text in brackets is only a number (e.g.
Hateful Strike --> Grunkk ). To “linkify” by item ID number in a macro, use the format
- We also no longer attempt to “linkify” text sent to custom chat channels (such as the hidden channels used by some other addons).
- Fixed an issue where Linkerator would sometimes fail to avoid “linkifying” text in certain chat commands (e.g.
/script) as intended.
Fixes an error when attempting to type links in chat.
- Updated for compatibility with WoW Patch 3.0 and Wrath of the Lich King.
- It’s now possible to retrieve item links given a known item ID (using
/link <number>) even if the item is not in your client’s local cache. Items unknown by the server will return no results.
- Includes preliminary support for spell links — they’re now returned in
/linksearch results but not for as-you-type linking. More spell, talent, quest, and achievement link features will follow in future releases.
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 2.4.
- Processing of links seen at the Auction House is now done asynchronously; this avoids locking up the client for long periods of time if another addon requests all the AH listings at once.
Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 2.3.
- Fixed an issue where typed characters could be lost when Linkerator attempts to complete a link in the chat input box.
- The delay before link completion in chat can now be customized with the
/link delay <seconds>command. (Fractional seconds are allowed; 0.25 is the default, which can be reset with
/link delay reset.)
Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 2.2.
- Fixed an issue where the first completion for a partial link typed in chat input box would sometimes get deselected with the cursor moved to its end, preventing one from continuing to type something else (e.g. intending to type the first three letters of [Bracers of the Green Fortress], but getting “[B.O.O.M Operative’s Beltr” or “[B.O.O.M Operative’s Belta” instead).
- Link completion in the chat input box is now triggered 0.25 seconds after the latest character is typed (instead of every 0.25 seconds while the input box contains new characters), further reducing lag while typing.
- Fixed several issues with using the Tab key to cycle through possible link completions or advance the cursor withing them.
- Optimized item link lookups for better performance; 2.1.1’s significant lag while typing or pasting text in the chat window should now be all but eliminated.
- Reduced memory usage after link lookups.
- Enchanting links will no longer appear twice in the results of a
- Added support for tradeskill links (introduced in WoW patch 2.1).
- Redesigned code for handling item links. Over the last several patches, Blizzard has optimized the item info APIs to where we can get by without our own item names database… so we can save a big chunk of RAM by getting rid of it.
- Added support for the Ace AddonLoader — when that addon is present, Linkerator will load in the background shortly after login (reducing initial load time).
- Updated TOC for WoW Patch 2.1.
- Uses a more accurate means of avoiding secure chat commands.
- Shortened messages printed when
/link debugis enabled.
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 2.0.5 and the Burning Crusade release.
- We now record the unique ID when saving links for random-property items (e.g. [Wild Leather Cloak of the Bear], [Queen’s Insignia of the Elder]), as it’s necessary to retrieve a correct tooltip for new items in the Burning Crusade.