[ > ]
As my Hunter friends can readily attest, keeping a wild pet can be a full-time job. Why, just feeding the critter when he gets hungry can throw off your routine — you’ve got to rummage around in your bags, find a piece of food, make sure it’s appropriate for his diet, and check your aim before tossing it to him (lest you accidentally destroy a tasty morsel). So inconvenient! Not to mention potentially dangerous… you don’t want to spend so long digging through your bags that you or your pet become someone else’s snack.
Never fear, Gazmik Fizzwidget is here with a new gadget to automate all your pet-food-management tasks! My incredible Feed-O-Matic features state-of-the-art nutritional analyzers to make sure your pet’s hunger is satisfied with a minimum of fuss, advanced selective logic to make your pet doesn’t eat anything you have another use for, and a weight optimizer to make sure the food in your bags stays well organized! Just press the “Feed Now” button and it’ll intelligently choose a food and accurately toss it to your pet. This is actually one of the first gizmos I started work on… but because I’m a perfectionist I haven’t considered it ready for release until now.
Makes feeding your pet quick, easy, and fun:
- Provides several options for a more prominent reminder of when your pet needs feeding.
- Bind a key to “Feed Pet”, and Feed-O-Matic will automatically choose an appropriate food and give it to the pet whenever you press it. (This is not a normal key binding, but can instead be found in Feed-O-Matic’s own options menu.)
- Can use an emote to notify you when it’s feeding your pet, with custom randomized messages. See FeedOMatic_Emotes.lua to customize them to your characters!
Helps you manage all the pet food in your inventory:
- Keeps track of which foods your pet likes more, and prioritizes “better” foods when choosing what to feed the pet. Also makes sure not to use foods your pet has “outgrown” or foods not appropriate to your species of pet.
- If you’re on a quest to collect several of a certain item which also happens to be something your pet likes to eat, Feed-O-Matic can avoid consuming it. (Unless you’re carrying more than is needed for the quest or there’s nothing else for your pet to eat.)
- Feed-O-Matic can keep track of what foods are used by the Cooking recipes you know and avoid choosing food you’d rather cook.
- If you’d prefer to save the better food (that is, those which provide a “well fed” bonus or other effect when eaten) for yourself, Feed-O-Matic can also avoid it when looking for pet food.
- All other things being equal, Feed-O-Matic will try to pick foods from smaller stacks, making sure your food supply doesn’t take up all your bag space. When your bags get close to full, Feed-O-Matic will start ignoring other criteria and always choosing the smallest stack so that you won’t run out of inventory sooner.
/feed) : Opens Feed-O-Matic’s Options panel.
where can be any of the following:
help– Print this helplist.
reset– Reset to default settings.
Caveats, Known Bugs, Etc.
- Feed-O-Matic uses the PeriodicTable library’s database of many known foods, but it’s not guaranteed to be comprehensive. (Please drop me a line if you find a food that should be on there, or discover that something on the list shouldn’t be there.)
- Feed-O-Matic can only update its list of which foods you know how to cook when your Cooking window is open. (So if you read a new recipe, we won’t know to preserve the ingredients until you open your Cooking window again.)
- Feed-O-Matic can only add its “click happiness icon to feed” behavior to the default UI’s pet happiness icon. Other addons can remove this functionality by removing that icon — however, many such alternate UIs offer the ability to set custom macro actions for their frames. If your UI allows such, setting a button’s action to
/click FOM_FeedButtonwill allow clicking it to invoke Feed-O-Matic’s pet-feeding action.