Helps a Hunter keep his pets well fed (and the food in his inventory under control).
Release notes for Feed-O-Matic
- Returned the ability to show in Feed-O-Matic’s Options panel which foods are used in Cooking recipes (and which recipes each is an ingredient for).
- WoW Patch 7.0 removed the UI for showing your pet’s diet. You could cast Beast Lore on your pet to find out, but that’s a pain… so now Feed-O-Matic shows you. You’ll find a list of the food types your pet can eat both in the tooltip for the feed button and in the tooltip for “show only foods my pet can eat” in the Options panel.
- Tooltips for pet-food items show which pet food type a food belongs to.
- Added support for Mechanical pets in 7.0/Legion. The “mechanical bits” food list is partly guesswork — please send feedback if you see any issues.
- Updated locale support: You can now add custom emotes in FeedOMatic_Emotes.lua for Mists, Warlords, and Legion beasts, and in all WoW languages including Chinese, Korean, and Italian.
- Updated to support WoW Patch 7.0 and Legion.
- Added Legion foods. Many of these are untested guesses for food category — please send feedback if you see any issues.
- Added Warlords of Draenor foods. Better late than never?
- Redesigned to no longer use LibPeriodicTable. (Outsourcing list maintenance to a third-party library only meant I had to be the one updating the library… which is more complicated than keeping my own list.)
- The option to avoid foods used as Cooking ingredients is disabled; it may return in a future version.
- The Feed Pet button now shows the number remaining in your inventory for the selected food.
Dedicated to Mania of wow-petopia.com
- Updated for WoW Patch 6.0.
- Does not yet include Warlords of Draenor food information. This will be added in a forthcoming release.
Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 5.2.
- Actually updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 5.1. Oops.
- Fixed an error that could occur if you had a caged battle critter in your bags.
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 5.1.
- Includes updated PeriodicTable library — nearly all Pandaren foods are now supported.
- Fixed errors that could occur when showing the Feed-O-Matic Options UI.
Includes updated PeriodicTable library with support for the delicious foods of Pandaria.
Fixed a “blocked action” error when applying glyphs since WoW Patch 5.0.
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 5.0.
- Note: does not include new Mists of Pandaria foods; as of the current beta, such foods cannot be fed to pets (so there’s little point in having Feed-O-Matic attempt to use them).
Now supports the Brazilian Portuguese localization of the WoW client thanks to data from pt.wowhead.com. (Only the client-specific strings needed for functionality under Portuguese are translated; if you’d like to help provide a translation for Feed-O-Matic’s own UI text, see the localization.lua file.)
Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 4.3.
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 4.2.
- WoW Patch 4.2 makes the Interface Options window much bigger — now there’s room for all of Feed-O-Matic’s options (including the food preferences table) on one pane.
- Fixed an issue where the Feed Pet button would show for pets that aren’t hunter-tamed beasts — e.g. quest pets, vehicles, etc.
- The Feed-O-Matic options panel no longer appears if Feed-O-Matic is loaded on a non-hunter character.
- Options now default to being shared across all characters; see the Options Profile panel if you’d prefer per-character, per-server, or per-class settings. (This change may not take effect if you already have saved options; choose the Default options profile if you’d prefer this behavior)
- Added an option to hide the button Feed-O-Matic adds to the default UI’s pet frame — when the button is hidden, the Feed-O-Matic Feed Pet key binding or macro command
/click FOM_FeedButtonstill can be used to feed the pet. (You might find this option useful if using a UI that changes/hides the default pet frame.)
- Feed-O-Matic’s key binding now shows the name of the Feed Pet spell (or whatever it’s called in your WoW localization) instead of “FOM_FEED”.
- The Feed Pet button (added by Feed-O-Matic to the default UI’s pet frame) now indicates when Feed Pet is unusable or on cooldown.
- Improvements to the tooltip shown when mousing over the Feet Pet button:
- Now shows more information about what food Feed-O-Matic will use next.
- Text in the tooltip is smaller and a bit more terse.
- Tooltip can be hidden entirely via an advanced user preference: type
/fom notooltipto disable the tooltip (or enable it again).