Calculates and displays total materials cost for an item in the tradeskill window, and prints reports showing your most profitable tradeskill items.
Release notes for ReagentCost
The bad news: I have less and less time to spend on maintaining and supporting addons lately. Especially in the case of addons which require maintaining a large database of items or reacting to API compatibility changes in other addons, I no longer have the time available to keep up the quality of support I’d prefer to.
As such, AdSpace, Gemologist, and ReagentCost are now officially discontinued. Old versions can be downloaded from the preceding links, and may continue to work on WoW 3.0 (compatibility changes affecting those addons are few). Any other author is welcome to the code if they’d like to continue updating it or use it as the basis for new addons.
Looking for other addons to fill these functions? Mendeleev and Informant (part of the Auctioneer suite) handle most of the functions of AdSpace and Gemologist, and provide a wealth of other information on items besides. RecipeRadar doesn’t put recipe source info in tooltips, but provides other details for tracking down vendor recipes beyond anything AdSpace ever did. As for ReagentCost, several tradeskill-enhancement addons now provide its features: Manufac is a popular one.
Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 2.4.
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 2.3.
- Added Maiden’s Anguish to our list of vendor-provided reagents.
- Fixed an issue where multiple “FRC_PriceSource == nil” errors could appear if a compatible auction pricing addon couldn’t be found.
Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 2.2.
- ReagentCost now supports the preview release of Auctioneer Advanced as a price data source. (Auctioneer 4.x is still supported as well.)
- Streamlined code for keeping track of addons that provide auction price data.
- Fixed some errors in
/rc [item link]output.
- Fixed errors caused by changes to the TradeSkill/Craft APIs in WoW Patch 2.1.
- Fixed an issue where we’d store incorrect info for recipe reagents, resulting in errors once we tried to display price data for them.
- Added support for the Ace AddonLoader — when that addon is present, ReagentCost won’t be loaded until needed (when you show a tradeskill window or type
Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 2.0.5 and the Burning Crusade release.
- Updated for compatibility with WoW 2.0 (and the Burning Crusade Closed Beta).
- Requires a WoW 2.0 compatible version of Auctioneer. (Support for other auction data source is pending, as I haven’t had 2.0-compatible versions of them to test against yet.)
Updated TOC to reflect compatibility with WoW patch 1.12. (No actual changes.)
- Updated TOC to reflect compatibility with WoW patch 1.11. (No actual changes were needed.)
- Known Issue: Reagent Cost is out of date with recent versions of KC_Items and AuctionMatrix (renamed AuctionSync); a new release to resume compatibility is forthcoming.
- Updated TOC to reflect compatibility with WoW patch 1.10. (No actual changes were needed.)
- Minor changes for compatibility with KC_Items 0.94.x. (Thanks Jawynd!)
- Minor improvements to utility code shared across Fizzwidget addons.
- Futher changes in an attempt to support either the current “Release” version of Auctioneer (3.2.0.0620) or current “Beta”/”Alpha”/”Unstable” versions (3.2.0.0741 tested).
- Fixed a problem where RC’s SavedVariables could grow to an extremely large size.
- Should now work properly with either the current “Release” version of Auctioneer (3.2.0.0620) or current “Beta”/”Unstable” versions (3.2.0.0671 and newer tested).
- The data format change from 10900.1 could cause errors when reporting on items you haven’t seen in the tradeskill window since updating — fixed. (You still need to view your tradeskill windows once on all characters before getting reports on the items they can make, if you haven’t since upgrading to 10900.1 or newer.)