A quick reference to gems and where they can be mined from.
Release notes for Gemologist
The bad news: I have less and less time to spend on maintaining and supporting addons lately. Especially in the case of addons which require maintaining a large database of items or reacting to API compatibility changes in other addons, I no longer have the time available to keep up the quality of support I’d prefer to.
As such, AdSpace, Gemologist, and ReagentCost are now officially discontinued. Old versions can be downloaded from the preceding links, and may continue to work on WoW 3.0 (compatibility changes affecting those addons are few). Any other author is welcome to the code if they’d like to continue updating it or use it as the basis for new addons.
Looking for other addons to fill these functions? Mendeleev and Informant (part of the Auctioneer suite) handle most of the functions of AdSpace and Gemologist, and provide a wealth of other information on items besides. RecipeRadar doesn’t put recipe source info in tooltips, but provides other details for tracking down vendor recipes beyond anything AdSpace ever did. As for ReagentCost, several tradeskill-enhancement addons now provide its features: Manufac is a popular one.
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 2.4.
- Updated German localization by “Zara”.
Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 2.3.
Fixed a syntax error on loading introduced in 2.2.1. Stupid troll apprentice…
- Added an option to show on tooltips for ores a list of gems that can be found in them via Prospecting. (Off by default, since the list can get rather long. Type
/gemsto see the new options.)
- Added an option to automatically take all items from the loot window when Prospecting.
Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 2.2.
- Uses a simpler, more reliable means of hooking item tooltips.
- Added support for the Ace AddonLoader — when that addon is present, Gemologist will load in the background shortly after login (reducing initial load time).
- Fixed some issues with hooking tooltips when other tooltip-modifying addons are present.
- Updated German localization.
- Added French localization.
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 2.0.3 and the Burning Crusade release.
- Simplified code for adding text to item tooltips thanks to new API in WoW 2.0.3 — this should fix issues with the same info being added to a tooltip multiple times or sometimes being missing, as well as allow us to work with more third-party addons that show item tooltips.
- Added preliminary data on Burning Crusade content (from the closed beta).
- Added a German localization (complete for pre-expansion content) by Alirion of Dun Morogh (EU).
Fixed error (introduced in 2.0.1) when mousing over items.
Fixed possible blocked action errors in tooltip-hooking code.
- Updated for compatibility with WoW 2.0 (and the Burning Crusade Closed Beta).
- NOTE: Gemologist works on the BC beta, but does not yet provide info on expansion content — as such content is still subject to change.