Saves you money by not buying marked-up vendor recipes at AH… by providing vendor “advertisements” in tooltips for tradeskill recipes.
Release notes for AdSpace
The bad news: I have less and less time to spend on maintaining and supporting addons lately. Especially in the case of addons which require maintaining a large database of items or reacting to API compatibility changes in other addons, I no longer have the time available to keep up the quality of support I’d prefer to.
As such, AdSpace, Gemologist, and ReagentCost are now officially discontinued. Old versions can be downloaded from the preceding links, and may continue to work on WoW 3.0 (compatibility changes affecting those addons are few). Any other author is welcome to the code if they’d like to continue updating it or use it as the basis for new addons.
Looking for other addons to fill these functions? Mendeleev and Informant (part of the Auctioneer suite) handle most of the functions of AdSpace and Gemologist, and provide a wealth of other information on items besides. RecipeRadar doesn’t put recipe source info in tooltips, but provides other details for tracking down vendor recipes beyond anything AdSpace ever did. As for ReagentCost, several tradeskill-enhancement addons now provide its features: Manufac is a popular one.
- Added new vendor recipes from WoW Patch 2.4.
- Configuration controls are moved into a pane in the new Interface Options panel provided by the default UI.
- Updated German localization by “Zara”.
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 2.3.
- Added new vendor recipes from WoW Patch 2.3.
- Added recipe data for [Design: Rigid Lionseye].
- Fixed recipe data for Violet Eye smithing patterns.
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 2.2.
- Added more vendor recipes from WoW patches 2.1.x and 2.2; fixed vendor location data for Halaa recipes.
- Added a number of vendor recipes from WoW patches 2.1.x and the 2.2.0 test realm.
- Uses a simpler, more reliable means of hooking item tooltips.
- Added support for the Ace AddonLoader — when that addon is present, AdSpace will load in the background shortly after login (reducing initial load time).
- Updated TOC for WoW Patch 2.1.
- Added recipes sold by Koren in Karazhan.
- Fixed recipes sold by Ruppo & Gigget Zipcoil in Hinterlands — they’re available to both factions, not just Alliance.
- Ghok’kah in Brackenwall Village doesn’t sell First Aid manuals — Balai Lok’Wein does.
- Added a few new vendor recipes from recent WoW minor patches.
- Fixed our tables for a few vendors which were resulting in “can’t find location” errors.
- Fixed listings for a couple of neutral vendors which were listed as faction-specific.
- Fixed a couple of recipes which were listed at the wrong vendor price.
- Fixed some issues with hooking tooltips when other tooltip-modifying addons are present.
- Fixed a bug with checkboxes in the Options panel doing the opposite of what they say.
- Configuration chat commands have been removed in favor of the GUI options panel (type
- Fizzwidget FactionFriend v.2.0.4 (or newer) shows similar information in tooltips for some of the items in AdSpace; if it’s present and enabled, it’ll override AdSpace instead of letting the same information be present in the tooltip twice.
- Added/corrected several vendor references. (Based largely to numerous user submissions. Thanks!)
- Fixed an error (with message referring to
GetItemInfo(itemID|"name"|"itemlink")) that could sometimes appear when trying to show a tooltip.
- We no longer treat Grimoires for Warlock pet abilities as unknown recipes (and ask you to report them) when seeing them on a vendor.
- Updated for compatibility with WoW Patch 2.0.3 and the Burning Crusade release.
- AdSpace now updates its database of vendor recipe locations whenever you encounter vendors selling tradeskill recipes. When AdSpace encounters a vendor-sold recipe it hasn’t seen before (or an existing recipe on a new vendor), we’ll remember it and show the vendor’s name and location should you see a tooltip for that recipe again later. (AdSpace will also make a note in your chat window encouraging you to report the new data so we can include it in future versions.)
- Added vendor recipe info for most of the new Burning Crusade content: should cover all new vendors in Outland, the Draenei and Blood Elf starter zones, the Caverns of Time and Karazhan as of Closed Beta build 6299.
- Simplified code for adding text to item tooltips thanks to new API in WoW 2.0.3 — this should fix issues with the same info being added to a tooltip multiple times or sometimes being missing, as well as allow us to work with more third-party addons that show item tooltips.
Fixed error (introduced in 2.0.1) when mousing over items.
Fixed possible blocked action errors in tooltip-hooking code.
- Updated for compatibility with WoW 2.0 (and the Burning Crusade Closed Beta).
- NOTE: AdSpace works on the BC beta, but does not yet provide info on expansion content — as such content is still subject to change.
- Added an option to mark tooltips for items which can be turned in to the Argent Dawn for [Insignia of the Dawn][Insignia of the Crusade].
- Tooltips for ZG Coins now show which three types of coins can be turned in together for Zandalar faction/tokens (if display of ZG items is turned on).