Switches WoW’s builtin reputation watch bar automatically and helps keep track of faction turnin items.
Release notes for FactionFriend
Fixed incorrect numbers shown on the reputation watch bar (bug introduced in 4.2.1).
- Fixed an error when using zone-based switching of the reputation watch bar.
- Fixed strange behaviors related to the quest log.
- The text on the reputation watch bar (when moused over, or shown by the default UI in various other circumstances) now displays your current standing (Hated, Neutral, Friendly, etc) with the watched faction.
New Features & Bug Fixes:
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 4.2.
- Now adds an icon to the builtin UI’s Reputation panel for each faction you can readily increase — mouse over it for details. Didn’t know your bank was full of stuff you could gain reputation from? Now you do!
- Improved item info caching, so tooltips indicating which items can be used to gain reputation should always have the actual item name.
- Altered FactionFriend counts reputation gains which are available up through Exalted standing:
- If your current reputation is below Exalted, we indicate only the number of gains (turnins / item uses / etc) required to raise the reputation into Exalted.
- If your current reputation is Exalted, we indicate the number of gains required to max out at 999/1000.
- (Fixed issue where we’d say you could turn in / use more items than were needed to max out.)
- The tooltip detailing reputation gains (now visible both from the reputation panel and reputation watch bar) now always shows the amount of reputation you’ll have after all applicable gains (instead of only showing such if you have enough to reach a new standing).
- Fixes an error which could appear when we try to draw the reputation watch bar menu.
- Options now default to being shared across all characters; see the Options Profile panel if you’d prefer per-character, per-server, or per-class settings. (This change may not take effect if you already have saved options; choose the Default options profile if you’d prefer this behavior)
- Potential reputation gains are displayed for Baradin’s Wardens / Hellscream’s Reach Commendations purchasable with Tol Barad currency.
- Some overdue additions regarding Wrath of the Lich King content:
- Icecrown Citadel / Ashen Verdict is now included for zone-based switching of the reputation watch bar.
- Potential reputation gains are displayed for racial faction Commendation Badges and [Champion’s Writ] from the Argent Tournament.
- Potential gains are also displayed for Northrend faction Commendation Badges purchasable via Justice Points.
- Further updates of turnin info to match post-Shattering changes to Classic quests:
- Thorium Brotherhood: removed Fiery Flux quests, changed availability of [Dark Iron Residue] turnin, increased reputation from various turnins
- Zandalar Tribe: no longer associated with Zul’Gurub for zone-based switching of the reputation watch bar.
- Argent Dawn: no longer associated with Plaguelands, Stratholme, or Scholomance for zone-based switching of the reputation watch bar.
Stuff For Localizers & Other Addon Authors:
- Redesigned internals for better locale support: most of FactionFriend’s feature set is now available in all WoW locales. (Now, the only feature that requires explicit localization is zone-based switching of the reputation watch bar. If you’d like to help provide such support for languages other than English, Spanish, German, French, and Russian, see the LocaleSupport.lua file.)
- The API we provide (so that other reputation bar addons can make use of FactionFriend’s features) has been expanded and better documented. See readme-API.txt for details.
- The reputation bar menu (and submenus) now really makes sure to stay within the dimensions of the screen when it is shown — it won’t go off the top anymore.
- The menu now appears above all other frames, including those created by such addons as TitanPanel.
- Fixes additional cases of an error when displaying the menu.
A recent WoW patch switched the item IDs associated with Thunder Bluff and Undercity tabards; FactionFriend’s information is now updated to match, so the correct reputation will be displayed for these tabards.
Fixed an issue where we didn’t properly detect changes in guild reputation after the WoW 4.1 patch.
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 4.1.
- Eliminated some potential errors when drawing the reputation bar tooltip and menu.
- Updated French localization by Kehrsyn of Culte de la Rive Noire (EU).
- The reputation bar menu (and submenus) now makes sure to stay within the dimensions of the screen when it is shown.
- Fixes additional cases of an error when right-clicking the reputation bar (if the recent factions list contains invalid factions, they’re now removed from the list).
- Accounts for “Mr. Popularity” guild perks when calculating reputation to be gained from item turnins.
- Added option to disable automatic reputation bar switch for guild reputation.
- Revised the way we handle gaining multiple reputations at once (e.g. Argent Tournament quests granting reputation with a city, Sunreavers/Silver Covenant, and guild reputation): we now always prefer the first reputation granted for purposes of switching the reputation watch bar. (Previously, turning in multiple such quests would switch the bar repeatedly.)
- Removed obsolete turnins (Runecloth and AQ signets for racial factions, Morrowgrain, all Argent Dawn and Zandalar Tribe turnins, and Gadgetzan Water Pouch Bounty).
- The reputation bar menu can now be closed with the ESC key.
- Fixes an error that could occur upon right-clicking the reputation bar (if “Guild Reputation” ended up in the recent factions list while using a version of FactionFriend prior to 4.0.3). Special thanks to Eliladrys/Averiy and Nekrossa for helping track this bug down!
- Fixes an issue where standing labels (“Friendly”, “Exalted”, etc) could appear next to items in the reputation bar menu that aren’t factions.
- Now recognizes guild reputation for automatic reputation bar switch and other features.
- Features regarding faction tabards now support new Cataclysm faction and racial faction tabards.
- Fixed automatic reputation bar switch when equipping faction tabards to be better about only doing so when you actually equip a tabard (and not when zoning, logging in, etc).
- Note to localizers: Localization.lua now contains only text displayed in FactionFriend’s UI; text needed for proper functionality (faction and zone names) is now in LocaleSupport.lua. (Also, the content of LocaleSupport.lua is generated from data at Wowhead.com for French, German, Spanish, and Russian, so you should only need to edit this file if you’re providing translations for a locale other than those.)
Fixes another error message when showing a menu upon right-clicking the reputation bar.
- Updated with new values for turnins in post-Shattering Kalimdor and Azeroth.
- Fixes some error messages.
- No longer includes icons for reputation standing levels (which have been unused since v. 3.3.1).
- Updated for compatibility with WoW Patch 4.0.1 (and Cataclysm Beta).
- Updated French localization by Guillaume De Cesare.
- Added an option to automatically move factions to Inactive status when the player becomes Exalted with them. This feature is disabled by default; when enabling it in FactionFriend’s options panel, any already-Exalted factions will also be moved. (Inactive status has no effect on game mechanics, but hides the faction in the default Reputation UI and FactionFriend’s menu so you can focus on other factions.)
- Redesigned the menu which appears upon right-clicking the reputation watch bar:
- Current standing with a faction is displayed as right-justified text in the menu item.
- The highlight graphic seen when mousing over a faction in the menu shows the player’s current progress with the faction.
- The option to automatically switch the reputation watch bar when entering zones with associated factions is now off by default, as this confused some users. (It can still be enabled if so desired.)
- Updated reputation values for Sons of Hodir turnins to match changes in WoW Patch 3.3.
- Tweaked color values for reputation levels to be more distinct.
- Fixed an issue where reputation gain messages in chat windows could fail to appear.
- Fixed an issue where faction standing labels (“Revered”, “Exalted”, etc.) wouldn’t always match the player’s gender (in relevant localizations).
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 3.3.
- Reimplemented the “Show enhanced reputation messages in chat” feature; enhanced messages will now automatically replace normal messages in whichever chat windows are configured to display such.
- Fixed issue where the options UI for enabling the above feature failed to appear.
- Updated French localization by Kehrsyn of Culte de la Rive Noire (EU).