A quick reference to sources of Enchanting materials.
Release notes for Disenchant Predictor
Warlords of Draenor changed the disenchanting rules (again). But more importantly, I’ve stopped getting much use out of this gizmo myself. At some point, it just got to saying, “Disenchant gear from expansion X to get enchanting reagents from expansion X,” and one doesn’t really need an addon to know that.
Also, I’m a much busier goblin than I used to be… and I don’t have an army of code monkeys at my disposal. (Besides, according to my cousin Rob from Booty Bay, although they’re very diligent, their output stinks.) So I focus my efforts on products that my most frequent testers (that is, myself and the employees of Fizzwidget Industries) actually use frequently.
For an alternative, see Enchantrix from the Auctioneer suite.
Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 5.2.
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 5.1.
- Fixed an issue where reagents could appear in the tooltip with “gibberish” codes before their names.
Fixed a “blocked action” error when applying glyphs since WoW Patch 5.0.
Fixed an error when disenchanting since WoW Patch 5.0.
- Updated for WoW Patch 5.0 and Mists of Pandaria. (Disenchant tables for Mists of Pandaria items are approximate; please report any incorrect predictions.)
- Fixed incorrect predictions for Greater vs Lesser Cataclysm essences from ilevel 306-311 greens.
- We no longer keep track of a list of non-disenchantable items (those which are green or better but which the game forbids disenchanting; e.g. vendor-purchased PvP gear), as keeping the list up to date proved infeasible. Disenchant Predictor may thus show disenchant reagents for items which the game forbids disenchanting (though it will still remember which items are non-disenchantable once it sees them so identified in-game).
- Updated French localization by Xalenader.
Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 4.3.
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 4.2.
- Options now default to being shared across all characters; see the Options Profile panel if you’d prefer per-character, per-server, or per-class settings. (This change may not take effect if you already have saved options; choose the Default options profile if you’d prefer this behavior.)
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 4.1.
- Adjusted disenchant information for Cataclysm greens (re: Lesser vs. Greater Celestial Essence).
- Includes Spanish localization by PatoDaia.
Adjusted Cataclysm disenchant rates for Uncommon items to match recent patch/hotfix changes.
- Includes disenchant information for Cataclysm items (and fixes related errors).
- Fixes some incorrectly reported disenchant information for other items, including frequency of essence/dust from armor vs weapons.
- Updated for compatibility with WoW Patch 4.0.1 (and Cataclysm Beta).
- NOTE: Disenchant information for high-level Cataclysm items is not yet available; this will be added in a future update around the release of Cataclysm.
Fixed an error which could sometimes appear when disenchanting items.
Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 3.3.