Discontinued; old versions will continue to be available from here in case other addon authors find the source code useful. Provided a menu for activating and switching tracking skills on the minimap.
Release notes for TrackMenu
TrackMenu’s functionality is included in the default Blizzard UI in WoW Patch 2.3.
Old versions will continue to be available from here in case other addon authors find the source code useful; see the older release notes listings for download links.
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 2.2.
- Track Humanoids is now always in the menu for Druids (though it won’t work if you try to cast it while not in cat form).
- Refined behavior of the tooltip shown when mousing over the minimap tracking icon (with Blizzard-provided tracking spell info and TrackMenu instructions):
- If the menu is set to show on mouseover, the tooltip won’t.
- If the menu is set to show on click, the tooltip will disappear when moving the mouse into the tracking spells menu or shift-clicking to get TrackMenu’s options menu.
- There’s now also an option to keep the tooltip from appearing at all.
- The invisible frame we use for opening the menu on click or mouseover is now at the proper depth; the menu should no longer open unexpectedly when clicking/mousing over frames (e.g. bags) that obscure the minimap.
- We also make sure said frame moves appropriately when the display resolution changes (or you switch between windowed and fullscreen); the menu should remain usable in such cases now.
- Updated TOC for WoW Patch 2.1.
- TrackMenu’s behavior is now customizable. Type
/tm, or shift-click the (Blizzard builtin) minimap tracking icon. Available options:
- Whether to show the menu by hovering over or clicking on the minimap icon.
- Whether the menu grows upward or downward (useful if you’ve used other addons to move the minimap elsewhere).
- Which side of the minimap icon the menu appears on.
The zip archive for the 2.0.1 release was missing the proper TOC file, and thus wouldn’t load on WoW 2.0.3 and newer without “Load Outdated Addons” turned on. Fixed.
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 2.0.5 and the Burning Crusade release.
- Added Druids’ Track Humanoids to the list of spells we’ll put in the menu.
- The menu will only be active if the spells in it are currently available. (For Druids with no tracking spells besides Track Humanoids, the menu only appears while in cat form.)