Shows levels next to quest names.
Release notes for Levelator
One of the WoW 4.x patches broke the method Levelator used to add level tags to quest titles. (Or rather, made it impossible to use said method without causing “taint” and “blocked action” errors.) I could rewrite it to use a different method, but then it’d be nearly identical to half a dozen other quest level mods, and I see little point in duplicating them.
Besides, Blizzard already supports quest level tags in the default UI… it’s part of Colorblind Mode. (Though it’d sure be nice if they let you turn quest levels on without getting all the other colorblind options, too.)
I’d recommend those seeking an alternative check out Tekkub’s Quel’evel.
Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 4.3.
NOTE: Levelator’s method of adding levels to quest titles now causes issues with the use-quest-item buttons in the objectives tracker. I’m currently investigating possible fixes.
Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 4.2.
Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 4.1.
Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 4.0 and Cataclysm.
Fixed an error introduced with WoW Patch 3.3.3.
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 3.3.
- Re-added a space between the level tag and quest title (e.g. “ The Edge of Winter”, not “The Edge of Winter”).
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 3.2.
- Fixed an issue where the “(Daily)” annotation in the quest log would not appear when using Levelator.
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 3.1.
- Removed GFWUtils library; it’s not used in this project.
- Updated for compatibility with WoW Patch 3.0 and Wrath of the Lich King.
- Levels are no longer inserted with quest links in chat — click the link to see the level in the tooltip.
- Fixed an error with addition of quest levels to tooltips.
- WoW Patch 2.4 added the ability to insert quest hyperlinks in chat, but the way this was implemented overrode Levelator’s ability to add levels when inserting quest names in chat. Levelator now makes sure a level tag gets inserted along with the new hyperlink.
- Levelator also now adds a level tag to the tooltips spawned from quest hyperlinks. (Unfortunately, there’s not enough info attached to a hyperlink for us to also show a Group/Heroic/PvP/etc tag.)
Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 2.4.
- Fixed an error which could occur when talking to questgivers since WoW Patch 2.3.
- Since we show quests’ actual levels in questgivers’ dialog window, we omit the “low level” text added by the Blizzard UI in Patch 2.3 for quests whose level is far below your own. Instead, such quests are listed in a slightly faded color to stand out from the others.
- Note: ‘Blocked action’ errors due to Levelator tainting GetQuestLogTitle should be resolved in the upcoming WoW Patch 2.3.2.
Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 2.3.